Monday, June 29, 2009

Things I've been working on....

I'm in the midst of a cross-country vacation/relocation right now, so I haven't had too much time to draw recently, but I have managed to do some things artistic in the past few weeks. Here's a sand dragon (named Bill) that Adam and I made on the beach at Perdido Key in the past week. If the tide and the wind haven't killed him yet, he's still there keeping watch over a neighborhood of sand castles nearby:



And these are some mock-ups I made as part of a timed art test for an illustration job that I didn't end up getting. It was for a company that makes mobile MMOs and while it was definitely not within my usual style...it was an interesting challenge. I had to give them a title/logo for a GTA-style driving combat game , dual barettas (as a game element) for a Mafia-themed game, and specific character sketches for a fantasy/dragon fighting game. Yeah.....




.....At least the orc-viking guy was fun to draw (and I can't take full credit for the driving game title/pun - props go to Adam and Nate for that)!

I'll be updating again regularly once I get back to CA (for good this time I hope!)


No comments: