Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Illustration Friday- Adrift


Ever get that feeling when your mind is adrift and your ideas can just float about with ease? This painting was somewhat inspired by two pictures books, Sayonara, Mrs. Kackelman  by Maria Kalman, and A Day with Wilbur Robinson by William Joyce. These were two of my favorite books as a kid and I loved, loved, loved the costumes that the characters wore in each. Again (ugh) my scanner just isn't accurately capturing the colors of this painting. I tried messing around with it in Photoshop after the fact, but it never really comes out right.  I guess I'll have to keep trying!

5 comments:

tweed fox said...

love the blimps!

Sam said...

digging the city hat. very fun to look at

Indigene said...

Fun and whimsical!

Ann Pilicer said...

Great illustration! Love your use of the word! Has a vintage look to it. :D

Mamzelle Rouge said...

Very nice concept ! :)